|Pressure, x2 (psi)|
1) Specify algebraically the complete second order model for the data. (5 marks)
2) Use JMP to determine the best model. (5 marks)
3) Produce two bivariate plots: Product quality versus temperature (x1) and product quality
versus pressure (x2). Describe the shape of each graph and comment on what this
indicates about the adequacy of the possible linear model
Y = b + b1 x1+ b2 x2 + . (3 marks)
4) From the model obtained in 2), what temperature and/or pressure would you recommend?
In order to complete the assignment tasks, you need to review Weeks 6 ~12 materials covered in
class and posted into the Moodle. You must also read Chapter 14 of the prescribed textbook
“Introduction to Management Science” by Bernard W. Taylor. While you are reading, you need
to understand or answer the following questions:
1) What is Monte Carlo simulation?
2) What are the basic steps of Monte Carlo simulation?
3) How to draw a process map (a flow diagram) and how to construct a simulation model?
4) What is discrete event simulation process?
5) Learn the solution process of a simulation model using a software tool such as Excel,
SimQuick and Crystal Ball for Windows.
6) Learn, practise and gain skills to reformulate a real problem into a simulation process.
7) Practise and gain skills to get solution of a complicated problem using Excel, SimQuick
Crystal Ball, or other simulation tools which you are familiar with.
8) Consider how to make a decision given the simulation results.
9) Learn and gain the skills to interpret the solution results to the people who do not have
professional knowledge in engineering management.
10) What is one-Way ANOVA and what is two-Way ANOVA?
11) How to conduct ANOVA using JMP?
12) How to verify a model and how to interpret the model in ANOVA?
Spring 2020 – ENGG953 – Tieling Zhang
• This is an individual assignment.
• You must submit your solution report in WORD or PDF format.
• This assignment is due by electronic submission into ASSIGNMENT 2 drop box in the
subject eLearning site. You must submit all files, including process map(s) and your answers
to all questions. When you submit, you can upload the zipped folder including all files
• The due date is indicated in the subject outline.
• For additional information and assistance, contact Tieling Zhang by email:
email@example.com or phone: +02 4221 482