Add paragraph text here.
956N1 – Marketing Analytics and Metrics – Essay
Assessment Period: August 2020 (A4)
Candidates must attempt ALL tasks
- The essay is individual work, carried out upholding the values of academic integrity.
- Students are expected to spend 6 hours on this paper.
- The material (i.e., SPSS dataset) to be used to answer the questions can be downloaded on the Canvas module page.
- The answers should be typed in a word processor. No handwritten notes will be accepted.
- The overall word count for the essay is 800 words; this limit does not include appendices, equations, and graphs.
- Graphs should be drawn using statistical software (e.g., SPSS or, alternatively, Excel, Google Sheets, etc). Tables should be fitted in a word processor; SPSS output tables should be redesigned to reflect a minimum academic standard. SPSS output tables can be placed in the appendix if needed.
- Submit a pdf or word version of the essay using the appropriate link on Canvas.
If you experience IT issues, you will need to send a screenshot of your issue and submit it to IT via their help system http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/help/
This assignment includes:
- A description (below)
- A list of tasks to be executed by the student (below)
- An SPSS datafile (to be downloaded and analysed by the student)
A well-known multinational enterprise conducted a large market research project in Chile. The aim is to understand whether Chilean consumers would accept a new product. The variable of interest is a person’s intention to buy the new product after testing it (variable name: “int2buy”). You are asked to analyse the data and write a short essay. The simplified dataset includes nine variables: a unique identifier per participant (“obs”), region of residence (“region”), number of inhabitants of residential community [e.g., town, city, etc.] (“pop”), gender, age, education, income in 1,000 Chilean Pesos, standardised scale of support of the status quo of the multinational enterprise in Chile [a higher number indicates greater support] (“statquo”), and a consumer’s intention to buy the new product after testing it (“int2buy”).
- Analyse the attached dataset (“956N1_Resit_essay”) in SPSS
- Write an essay (800 words) containing all of the following sections:
- Short summary (i.e., a short summary of your essay, including its aims and hypotheses)
- Methodology (i.e., what kind of models were used and why as well as a critical assessment of all necessary statistical assumptions)
- Results (i.e., a concise discussion of all descriptive statistics and hypothesis tests with at least one bivariate graph as well as at least one predictive model)
- Conclusion (i.e., a discussion of your conclusions and limitations based on your findings)
Please upload your essay as a Word or PDF document using the appropriate link on Canvas.