Part A Essay-type questions. Answer TWO questions only. Questions are of equal marks.
1. Apple holds a commanding share of the growing global tablet market. To maintain its lead as the market continues to grow, what strategic marketing objectives should Apple focus on and why? Given your recommendations, which specific marketing actions would you recommend for accomplishing Apple’s objectives? Be specific with regard to each of the 4Ps in the company’s marketing program.
2. The Barker Bottling Company, located in a large metropolitan area, produce and market a line of carbonated beverages consisting mainly of flavoured soft drinks (not including colas), soda water and tonics. They are sold in different types of packages and sizes to a wide variety of retail accounts. Using the Ansoff matrix as a guide, explain in detail how such a company might seek to expand its revenues by pursuing the different expansion strategies.
3. The fast food industry faces many challenges in 2020. What do you believe are the key marketing environmental factors relevant to Subway (fast food sandwiches)? What recommendations do you have on how the company can maximise any opportunities and limit any risks from the threats?
Part B – all questions relate to the “how automation supported Bakers Delight’s marketing during lockdown” case study. Read the following case and answer the questions at the end of the case study.
Case Study: how automation supported Bakers Delight’s marketing during lockdown
1. Critically evaluate the Bakers Delight approach to the impact of COVID-19 on business. What did they do well? What could be improved? What can other businesses learn from looking at the Bakers Delight experience?
2. Imagine you are Marketing Manager for a café operating in Adelaide. Due to COVID-19 restrictions your business was closed for several months and you now can reopen. What are your main strategic issues and what recommendations would you have on how to move the business forward and try to recoup any losses you may have experienced?