ASSESSMENT COVER SHEET
Student to complete
Please read the below carefully:
If all boxes are not ticked, this assessmentwill not be marked and will use one of your three (3) submissionattempts.
By checking the boxes below, I confirm
☐ This assessmentis my own work and written in my own words
☐ Ihave not plagiarised from any sources
☐ I have referenced all my workwhere I have used other sources for my answers
☐ I have completed all assessmentquestions and requirements
☐ I am not submitting a blank orincomplete assessment
☐ I understand that there arepenalties if this assessment is submitted after the due date
☐ I have kept a copy ofmy assessment
☐ I understand this assessmentwill be saved and stored in Canvas.
Student First Name
Student Email Address
Assessment Task Name
Assessment Task Number
Submission Attempt Number
TRAINER SECTION ONLY
Assessment Feedback Form
What is needed for resubmission? (If applicable)
- Let’s stay motivated. A Not Yet Satisfactory grade happens. To help you resubmit your assessment, please follow the below instructions:
Please use the version that the assessor has provided your feedback on.
- Refer to the below assessor’s comments of what is needed for a
- Satisfactory grade.
- Please add your updated answers in a different colour in your assessment resubmission. This will help the assessor identify your revised answers.
- do not delete any assessor comments when resubmitting.
Assessment Name and Number
First Submission Grade:
Not Yet Satisfactory (NYS)
Re-Submission 1 Grade:
Not Yet Satisfactory (NYS)
Re-Submission 2 Grade:
Not Yet Satisfactory (NYS)
If re-sit is required, specify the tasks to be
Assessor Signature: Date: / /
Certificate III inFitness
Assignment, Two CycleB Specific Populations
This task will assess your knowledge on specific populations and workpractices as a Gym Instructor.
SISFFIT002 - Recognise andapply exercise considerations for specific populations SISFFIT014 - Instructexercise to older clients
The assessment task will demonstrate yourability to:
· Demonstrate knowledge of specific population groups and workplacepractices associated
· Students are required to undertake 15 hours on this task to ensure anadequate response.
· Assignments must be typed.
· The assessment is in 4 parts. You must attempt all 4 parts and 12 questions.
· There is a maximum page limit for each sectionwhich must be observed. Your total assignment is limited to 7 pages.
· You may use your course notes and any other resources available to you.
· The work you submit must be your own. You will be required to sign thesheet confirming that the work you have completed is your own. Plagiarising,copying and cheating will result in an automatic fail and will require resubmission of the assessment. Your assessor reserve the right to quiz you on your answer post submission to confirm the authenticity of your work.
· Answers will require you to have access toworkplace organizational policies, procedures and legislative requirements forthe workplace which are all found within the ACSF Health Club Manual. This can be accessed on your student portal.
· Answers should be succinct and address thequestion in fill including all parts to the question which are highlighted inbold and italics
Additional information andresources to further assist you in completing this beyond you’re in classcourse materials can be found on your student portal under “Cycle B Assignment Resource”
In order to successfully ensure you address each question and all itscomponents, please ensure you label your assignment exactly as its number andoutlined in this resource. For example if Question 5 has both (a) and (b), ensure you list this in your assignment when writing your answer
Part A – Professional Practice
1. When working with specific population clientsyou need to understand key legislative requirements in order to workeffectively as a fitness professional. Explain the follow key legislativeand regulatory requirements affect your role as a fitness professional? (Consider how these may affect how you work with clients and delivery fitness)
a. Child protection
d. Work health and safety/occupational health and safety
e. Duty of care
2. Explain 3 legal and ethicallimitations of a fitnessinstructor when prescribing and delivering exerciseadvice to special populations.
Part B – Working With Other Professionals
1. Briefly identify why you may need to refer a client to the followingmedical or allied health professional
a. Accredited exercise physiologist
b. Accredited practising dietician
d. General practitioner
e. Occupational therapist
i. Remedial massage therapist
2. Briefly identifyand explain the main role ofthe following medical or alliedhealth professional and why referral through a GP may be required?
a. Continence nurse advisor
b. Medical Specialist
d. Sports doctor
Part C – Risks and Exercise
1. Your client is exhibiting signsof poor exercise tolerance to your exerciseprogram. You are concernedthat they are displayingcontraindications to exercise.
a. Outline the advice that you should give your client immediately.
b. Identify 5 signs of poor exercise tolerance and contraindications to exercise.
c. Identify 5 medical or allied health professionals for referral.
2. All of the below points can negatively impact aclient’s adherence and participation to fitness programs. As a gym instructor,provide a strategy to overcome these barriers and increase there adherence to exercise.
a. A clients state of psychology on perceived vs. actual barriers
b. Low level of fitness when starting a new fitness program
c. Limited time availability to exercise
d. Limited access to fitness facilities due to financial restraints
e. Low self esteem
3. Explain how you will mitigate the following risks associated with agingin your role as a fitness instructor
a. Low physical conditioning placing older adults at risk of over training
b. Postural and core control abnormalities leading to altered exercise technique
c. History of falls increasing their risk of falls in the gym
d. Incontinence which may increase with certain exercise movements
e. Lack of energy which may worsen with insufficient recovery between sessions
Part D – Advanced Fitness Concepts
1. Older clients may have specific conditions or injuries that impact theirability to train and therefore require referral to a suitable medical or alliedhealth professional. In order to demonstrate you have an understanding on this as a fitness professionals, briefly explain what each of the below common conditions/injuries are and why referral may be required prior to undertaking exercise.
a. Sprains such as an ankle sprain
2. Explain how you would modifyfitness programs to ensurethey are safe and still effective for the following conditions older adults clientmay present with
a. Physiological conditions such as diabetes
b. Biomechanical conditions such as kyphosis
c. Psychological conditions such as depression
d. Obesity due to inactivity and food habits
e. Reduced proprioceptive feedback such as poor balance
3. Due to the risk of fall and osteoporosis being higher in older adultpopulations, explain how strength and balance training will reduce this risk?
4. Identify three (3) strength and three (3) balance related exercises toreduce the risk of falls in older adults
5. Create a table with the following specificallypopulation groups and identify the key anatomical AND physiologicalconsiderations you will need to apply to training each of these groups.
b. Pregnant Women
c. Older adults
d. Clients with disabilities
e. Culturally and linguistically diverseclients